Quantitative Research Analyst
RemoteRemote, Zug, Switzerland$90,000 - $110,000 per yearResearch
Chorus One is one of the leading operators of infrastructure for Proof-of-Stake networks and decentralized protocols. Tens of thousands of retail customers and institutions are staking billions in assets through our infrastructure helping to secure protocols and earn rewards. Our mission is to increase freedom and speed of innovation through decentralized technologies.
We are a diverse team of around 60 people distributed all over the globe. We value radical transparency, striving for excellence and improvement while treating each other with kindness and generosity. If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
We are seeking a Quantitative Research Analyst to join our fully remote team and contribute to diverse projects including network on-boarding and associated due diligence, and in-depth research.
A strong interest in the blockchain space is required, and some background in data analysis desirable. Currently, Ethereum and the Cosmos ecosystem are areas of focus for us.
This is an exciting chance to work in an established, ambitious, and highly collaborative team, and to take on significant responsibility quickly.
- Contribute to large studies like (https://chorus.one/reports-research/the-cost-of-artificial-latency-in-the-pbs-context and https://chorus.one/reports-research/mev-on-the-dydx-v4-chain)
- Contribute to the data-driven optimization of our infrastructure.
- Create, maintain, and extend our data analysis pipeline (e.g. custom solutions written in Python; SQL) to support our decision making process.
- Manage communication with relevant external stakeholders and present our research publicly.
- Build your area of expertise and contribute to in-depth technical research.
What we are looking for:
- Holds MsC in computer science, physics, finance, economics, engineering or similar.
- Has experience in structured research and data-driven analysis and is able to reliably synthesize important financial as well as technical data and information.
- Can take initiative and work independently.
- Has hands-on experience with data analysis, through work experience or private projects.
- Is well-versed in Python and has some experience with SQL. Other programming languages (e.g. Golang, Rust) are a plus.
- Has a record of practical projects in the Crypto-context and / or excellent academic results in any discipline.
- Has a private interest in cryptocurrencies and is active in the community looking for a full-time role.
- Autonomy and ownership in a friendly and supportive work environment and the opportunity for rapid growth
- Competitive fixed compensation (USD 90k - 110k commensurate with experience and equity options available)
- All-expense paid biannual team retreats at various destinations. Past retreats took place in Egypt, Serbia, Kenya, USA, South Korea, Dubai and Thailand
- Remote, but not alone. We are a strong global collaborative environment
- Remote working budget (Laptop, co-working space, etc)
- Personal development budget
- Gather experience and build your network in the vibrant crypto ecosystem
- Learn about state-of-the-art protocols that lay the foundation for an open, transparent, and programmable financial system